We have a vision for Erie County.
The Free the People WNY County Working Group has put together a policy platform calling on the new Sheriff, County Executive Mark Poloncarz, the Erie County Legislature and District Attorney John Flynn to act on five policy demands to decarcerate Erie County and invest in our communities.
1. Treat people in County jails like the human beings they are
2. Cut at least 50% of the Sheriff department budget
3. Close at least one County jail by 2022
4. Stop criminalizing people with unmet needs
5. Uphold justice for immigrants, regardless of status
Join us on May 6th to hear from people who have been impacted by the carceral violence upheld by our County leaders and find out how you can get involved. Part of an organization? Sign your organization on in support of the platform here: bit.ly/FTPSignOn